If you just moved into your paradise Cyprus home or you are getting ready to sell or rent your property, then this is the perfect time to learn how to deep clean a house like a professional. Not only will you make a fresh start but also you will find more peace of mind that your property is at its best for its next chapter.
Property Experts Cyprus takes you through the stress-free step-by-step process of how to deep clean a house that will make your property the star of the neighborhood.
Why Cleaning Your House Matters
Your home’s corners and crevices have experienced lifetimes of good and not-so-ideal memories, but the filth doesn’t need to stay around long after those moments are gone. Getting rid of the grime that collects in your home has many positive health benefits and ensures that your house is in the best shape for years to come.
For new homeowners, this means a good foundation for house upkeep. For property owners eager to sell or rent their residence, this translates to better overall success at listing the property and getting an offer.
Some of the most common problems faced by Cyprus homeowners, in particular, are pests such as ants, mold problems in the mild climate, and the build-up of dust from dust storms related to global climate change. Over time, regular house cleaning is not enough to combat these issues and homeowners risk having more complicated procedures for treating a pest, mold, or allergen infested residence.
If you are having trouble finding the motivation to find out more on how to deep clean a house, first understand the perks of diving into a deep cleaning mode beyond a regular cleaning schedule:
1. Rid your home of viruses and bacteria in often overlooked areas of your home
Simple wipe-downs and surface cleaners only get used on the most obvious places, leaving germs to multiply in less noticeable corners and grooves. A study into the average home indicated that more than 5,000 bacteria species and 2,000 fungi species usually occupy our homes with us.
In a balmy climate such as Cyprus, mold can thrive and impact the structural foundation of the house and contribute to greater health risks for your family. Improve the sanitation of your home with deep cleaning techniques meant to handle every possible spot of lurking germs.
2. Enhance the air quality of your home
Prevent irritations and allergens in the dust often found in Cyprus homes from new developments of climate change-induced dust storms that are causing live-in residents unnecessary and compromising health conditions.
3. Get a mood boost with the achievement of properly caring for your space
4. Deter pests before they even become a problem
Pest infestation poses a huge threat to Cyprus homeowners and their presence comes with the expensive and time-consuming challenge of ridding your property of them. Even tiny pests such as ants can leave homeowners frustrated and unhappy in their homes. Cleaning thoroughly can make sure this never happens.
5. Create a sense of value in your property asset
A lot of thought and investment went into selecting your home. Figuring out how to deep clean a house guarantees your investment remains worth its value for many years, as prevention is often better than resolving home issues in the future.
How to Deep Clean a House by Rooms
You don’t need a maid service or cleaning service to tackle that spring cleaning project. Learn how to deep clean a house room-by-room with this quick cleaning tips checklist.
With just a few minimal cleaning products you probably have already in your house, the sparkle in your house will be back in no time.
- Wash Bedding, including bed skirts, duvets, pillows, covers, and other down-filled items
- Use baking soda on mattresses, let sit for an hour, and then remove with a vacuum; complete for both sides
- Declutter and organize closets to match
- Wipe down cabinet tops, shelves, and doors; consider adding a lining to collect dust build-up; depending on cabinet material, use wooden cleaner or warm water mixed with a small amount of dish soap
- Clean the outsides and insides of appliances, such as fridge, ovens, toasters, and water kettles
- Scrub stove and dishwasher, including around their walls and floors if you are able to pull them away from their areas
- Disinfect kitchen sink with baking soda, white vinegar, and water; rinse well to avoid residue
- Wash and dry countertops along with the walls using a multipurpose cleaner
- Put away unused items or consider decluttering items, removing them permanently
- Use some water and dish soap to wipe down all containers, if time allows
- Wash shower curtain with some baking soda and laundry detergent on gentle cycle in the washing machine
- Clean tiles of floor and shower, if the material allows, with some baking soda, rinse with warm water, and wipe clean with some white vinegar; allow baking soda or vinegar to sit on hard build-ups or stains for 10-15 minutes, repeating if necessary, and again rinse with warm water
- Use a diluted white vinegar solution with water in a spray bottle to cut grim on shower doors
- Declutter bathroom items, removing old ones, and wiping the keepers off with water and a bit of dish soap before replacing
- Clean mirrors with a paper towel and glass cleaning spray
The Living Room
- Use brush vacuum attachment on all the soft furniture and cushions, including the backs
- Dust all the items plus picture frames with a damp microfiber cloth
- Reach under appliances and electronics with a dusting wand
- Remove unnecessary items and reorganize messy areas
- Laundry soft cushion covers and curtains
- Vacuum rugs
- Use a damp microfiber cloth on light fixtures, wall sockets, light switches, and ceiling fans in all the rooms to collect dust and fibers
- Run a damp microfiber cloth along floor baseboards to refresh the look of the paint and walls
- Mop or vacuum all rooms
- Tackle the outside landscape or deep clean the pool after you finish the inside of the house
- Hire a professional cleaning service to address the cleaning of windows inside and outside your home to counter the effects of dust storms
Don’t Forget These Pro Cleaning Secrets to Cut Cleaning Time by Half
Now that you know how to deep clean a house, rid yourself of dusty notions that this project is daunting and time-consuming. Don’t forget to use these professional secrets when cleaning your house to make the task a breeze:
- Develop a consistent system and focus on one room at a time
- Start at one end of the room, and then work top to bottom to avoid re-cleaning areas
- Try squeegees to cut the drying time of glass cleaning and prevent fibers or streaks
- Place all necessary materials in one area of the room before you begin and keep moving them with you within arm’s reach as you go along
- Stick to an order so that the habit forms muscle memories and cuts your cleaning time in half
This brings us to the end of this article.
Choosing how to deep clean a house that works for you is the most essential element in getting the job done. Once you set up your system and start to see the pieces come together, the rooms become more manageable. You will also have the satisfaction of knowing you can enjoy a clean and healthy place for you and your family or offer that to others who may be interested in renting or purchasing from you.
If you are in need of assistance with how to deep clean a house in Cyprus or how to prepare a home for sale, contact Property Experts Cyprus today. We help you set your brightest foot forward!